Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Huckabee Talks More Than Politics

I have long been a fan of Mike Huckabee. I first met him when we both pastored churches in Southwest Arkansas. I recall writing him then- and that was about 20 years ago- and asking him if I could write his biography! Right!

I recall assembling with a crowd in downtown Texarkana, AR to hear him announce his candidacy for the senate of Arkansas. With typical good humor, he offered "car decals." He called them "car decals" because most people call them "bumper stickers." Huckabee was running against Dale Bumpers, the then incumbent senator from Arkansas.

I also once sent him a get well card when he was sick. He was kind enough to respond. I learned two lessons from his response:

1. Acknowledge those who take time to write you.
2. He has a great sense of humor. He thanked me for the card and mentioned that a poll had been taken. A majority of pastors were also praying for his recovery! (A hint of things to come?)

I could ramble on about Huckabee, but I will simply let moving pictures speak. I was very impressed with his interview of supermodel Kathy Ireland. In this clip, she openly discusses her Christian faith, and her prolife position. You go, Kathy!

Oh yeah. I like Mike, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment