Sunday, May 13, 2007

What Can I Do For You?

Our children's choir just finished their presentation of "Down By The Creekbank." They were all so cute, with their outdoorsy type of clothes on and their straw hats. Over the years, I have seen many children's musicals, but I must say, this was one of the best. The songs are lyrically strong and the music is simply toe tapping. There is laughter and seriousness. And it all comes down to a message that says to God, "What Can I Do For You?" I was moved by it all, and impressed with the effort and polished style that the children displayed.

One of the most moving moments came when a little boy prayed, "Lord help me not to forget you when I get old." "When I get old..." How often does it happen that adults lose their childlike wonder and awe of God's creation? We become jaded and feel that we've seen it all. We grow up and outgrow God. These children on stage, I thought, are so innocent and trusting. God help them not to lose that innocence prematurely. Soon enough they will grow up. Too soon for some.

But it is always good to pray, "Lord help me not to forget you when I get old."

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment