Monday, May 14, 2007

Thoughts On A Local Chinese Restaurant

When I moved to Southwest Louisiana from Texas, it didn't take long to miss two things: good barbecue and good Mexican food. SWLA has its share of both types of food, but something seems to be missing: that Texas touch.

What we do seem to have plenty of in restaurants is: 1) Cajun Food; 2) Italian Food; and 3) Chinese Food. It goes without saying that we also have our share of fast food. I have a reflection on catgory 3.

In our town of approximately 25,000 people, there are at least 4 Chinese restaurants. That works out at one for about every 4000 people. One especially popular Chinese restaurant features a large buffet. No doubt this makes for larger patrons, like myself! This buffet features all the popular Chinese dishes like Cashew Chicken, three kinds of rice, and sweet and sour pork, among other things.

Like enchiladas.

That's right- enchiladas. Though I admit I haven't seen them there recently. This led me to conclude: "Where else but Southwest Louisiana would one find enchiladas in a Chinese restaurant?"

I love this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment