Sunday, May 6, 2007

Never Eat Alone

Keith Ferrazzi wrote a book I recently read entitled "Never Eat Alone." It is about networking and how to make connections. I was able to put some of his advice into practice this week at an Executive Board meeting.

There I met and dialogued with pastors, and associate pastor, denominational executives and support personnel. For me, the meeting was almost incidental. I had more fun talking with these folks about their ministries, trends in their churches and what their current "Hot Buttons" were.

All it took was time to ask questions and listen. In so doing, I learned a great deal. In fact, I even took notes on what I had learned from these people. It is great to be able to pick the brains of people I meet. I have long done this, but didn't have a name or a good M.O. for it. Keith Ferrazzi taught me how to network with others. I have have heard it said that "You're only about two people away from anyone in the world." If this is true, I've made a good start this week.

Thanks, Keith!

No comments:

Post a Comment