Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Completed Jew (I Love Stories Like This!)

Tonight at our church during a Revival Conference led by a Life Action ministry team, a man named Kevin made public his profession of faith in Jesus Christ.

It was a Hallelujah! moment for us all.

Kevin had been attending our church with his wife for some time. He was active in a men's Sunday School class. For some time, the men and others had been praying for Kevin. There were issues for him concerning his Jewish heritage and if he became a Christian, whether he have to give up his Jewishness.

Then we had a revival team from Life Action Ministries visit our church.

Approximately 30 people, families, adults, college age workers, and children swarmed in on our church for a Thirst! revival conference. Honestly, I knew very little about Life Action Ministries. Last year as I was considering revival plans for this year, I recalled a friend of mine in Texas having a Life Action team in his church years ago. I also receive theLife Action magazine at my office. I called them and scheduled a conference in early January.

That's something I've never done. Ever. I have always scheduled revival meetings in the Spring or Fall. Not in the winter. Not right after Christmas.

I'm so glad I did. Or rather, that the Lord led me to do it.

Back to Kevin. Kevin was away on business last week. He drove all night last Saturday night to come home. He arrived at 4 am and just "happened" to wake up in time for Sunday School. Only this week, we met in the auditorium with the Life Action team.

And Kevin met and heard from a brother- a Jewish Christian preacher.

His name is Ryan Loveing. Ryan is the main speaker for the team which came to our church. Ryan just happens to be Jewish. Kevin came, heard and heard Ryan's message of his growing up the son of a gangster father who was converted to Christ later in life, who owned three Jewelry stores, and who later gave it all up to go on the road and raise his own financial support to preach and speak with the Life Action Team.

Oh, and Ryan is still Jewish.

This caused the last domino to fall in Kevin's life. His testimony tonight as he stood before the congregation was that he had given his life to Jesus Christ. Following his testimony, Ryan baptized Kevin. We had church!

Through a series of events, God brought together a Jewish evangelist (how many of them are there?) to our church, with this team, at this time, and a Jewish man struggling with questions about faith in Messiah.

As someone said, "Who'd a thunk it?"

Now Kevin is completed Jew and my brother in Christ.

That's Revival!

2 comments:

  1. Bro Dave,
    I'm so glad to read stories of God at work, especially back in good ol' Sulphur. Mom has been relaying news to me about how awesome and wonderful the revival has been! I will pray for Kevin, and that God will bring about true change into the lives he touches through this revival!
    -Raphiel

    P.S.- Dad just dropped off the books you sent this way; Many thanks! I have some interesting things to discuss with you, and I'll try contacting you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro Dave,
    I'm so glad to read stories of God at work, especially back in good ol' Sulphur. Mom has been relaying news to me about how awesome and wonderful the revival has been! I will pray for Kevin, and that God will bring about true change into the lives he touches through this revival!
    -Raphiel

    P.S.- Dad just dropped off the books you sent this way; Many thanks! I have some interesting things to discuss with you, and I'll try contacting you this week.

    ReplyDelete