Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jumpin' Jelly Jars


For some time, I have been a promoter of, disk jockey for, and a lover of, Southern Gospel music. Over the years, I have had the privilege to meet and listen to some of the finest quartets and singers in the business.

As I have promoted concerts, I have seen a number of items for sale on artist's tables. The items can range from CD's to magazines, to t-shirts and other promotional items. But this is the first time I've seen this item on an artist's table.

McCray says that his jelly is selling like, er, hotcakes, to mix metaphors. I like jelly myself, but this is new to me. Maybe the Doves can come up with their own label. "Dove Jelly?" Nah, it doesn't have a ring to it.

Speaking of concerts, we will be hosting the Doves in concert in DeRidder LA at the Fairgrounds Pavilion on Saturday, January 16. Come by and say hello.

Now they say that they are offering muscadine jelly on their table as well. I hear it has some healthy benefits.

Healing for the body and soul at Dove Brothers' concerts?

Time will tell.

Meanwhile, pass the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment