Sunday, October 18, 2009

Home Again, Home Again


I've taken an extended period of time off from blogging lately.

There are two reasons. First, I went with a mission team from our church to participate in a simultaneous revival effort with churches in the Navajo Nations. For our church, this was the first trip of what will likely be many more. Our goals were simple:

1. Share the love of Jesus Christ.
2. Connect with the people there.
3. Find ways to serve them.
4. Scout out future projects.

In all four areas, we connected. In fact, my morning message today focused on winning "Strategic Spiritual Victories," of which this trip was one. You can listen to it here.

I'll be posting some reflections from our trip in future blogposts.

The second reason for my absence from blogging is my desire to catch up on my reading. Currently, I have three shelves of books waiting to be read. A few days before we left for our mission trip, I received my copy of Keith Durso's new biography of Dr. George W. Truett. He says, as I have insisted, that a new biography needed to be written. I have wanted to write one for over 20 years. Keith beat me to it. Thus, I am turing my sights elsewhere, for I do not believe I have anything to add to his extensive scholarly work. I finished the book on the trip. I plan to post a review of it soon.

Long story short, I'm back.

With more to come.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment