Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blogs and Blog Readers

To date, I subscribe to 240 blogs and blog feeds. I read them every day. It sounds difficult, but it is really easy. I use Newsgator as my aggregator. I have a Newsgator account and use software that logs on to the account, searches for new posts, and then downloads them for me to view in the reader, Netnewswire, at my leisure. It is certainly easier than seeking out each individual website by typing in addresses, or bookmarking them. It's all done painlessly and automatically.

I find reading blogs quite enjoyable. I read pastor's blogs, news and political blogs, music blogs, technology blogs, leadership blogs, Baptist blogs, and blogs of friends and family. It's easy.

Another suggestion for a blog reader if you don't have a Mac (and you really should) is to use Google's reader. In fact any website that includes RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication) can be picked up by these readers.

If you're having trouble understanding this, think of a magazine subscription. You subscribe to the magazine and you automatically get the latest issues in the mail. These rss readers do the same thing, but do it on the web. It's the fastest way to get updated information. (Assuming, of course, that you want updated information.)

Get a reader and subscribe to this blog. Go ahead, make my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment