Monday, January 28, 2008

In A Hurry To Relax?

I have found the ultimate for our "hurry up" days.

It came in a catalogue for one of those clearance warehouse discount bargain factory wholesale outlets. They are called "12-Program Relaxation Glasses."

The idea is for you to wear a sunglasses device with lights and an attached music player. Apparently by wearing this gizmo you will be able to relax, to sleep, and forget your problems. All for the amazingly low price of only $99.99! (plus shipping and handling)

But what I found even more interesting is the "Quick Relaxer" feature of these space age glasses. This feature allows you to wear the glasses for only 10 minutes, you will be relaxed and less stressed.

A "Quick Relaxer?" Are we in such a rush that we now need to relax in a hurry?

Certainly we all need to relaxation and "down time." This world certainly needs less stress in it for all of us. But, there is no shortcut. Relaxation takes time. The Bible promises that God gives his beloved sleep. The Bible also says that "in quietness and confidence shall be your strength."

We are truly restless untill we learn to rest in him.

Writing these words has left me all stressed out. Think I'll put on my glasses. I'm in a hurry and I need to get relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment