Sunday, April 8, 2007

It Was Friday, And Sunday Came

I recently read a newspaper article saying that the crisis in Iraq will one day pass. As did the violence and terrorism in Somalia come to an end, so will the violence in Iraq end.

The other day, I found some old medical bills and insurance paperwork concerning a surgery I underwent about ten years ago. At the time, I recall wondering how I would pay the medical bills, and how I would get through the surgery. Truth is, I did on both accounts.

I am reminded of the old phrase, "This too, shall pass."

On this Easter Sunday, I am reminded that the crucifixion of Christ came on Friday, but Sunday loomed on the horizon. The pain of Friday would be replaced by the sheer delight of Sunday. Whatever I am going through will come to an end- pain, suffering, trials, and heartaches. They will be replaced-one day- by joy.

It is good to remind myself of that from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment