Sunday, September 13, 2009

An Act Of God?


Again, I share a picture and comment from my friend, Dr. Rick Hyde. We might consider him a "guest blogger" on this site. He knows of my love for signs and the sometimes unintentional messages they bring.

Let him speak to this one:
It's not a church sign ... but it's interesting.

I went to the Lifeway Christian Store in Little Rock and took this picture with my phone camera.

I was unhappy when the SBC voted to change the name from Baptist Book Store to Lifeway Christian Store a few years ago. (I was there .. I voted against the change.)

Well ... God himself ordered this latest modification of the name ... strong winds brought the "Christian" part of the sign crashing down recently. Luckily (no, make that blessedly) it was in the middle of the night and no one was injured.

This might be a good time to go back to calling it the "Baptist Book Store."

What do you think, readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment