Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And What A Piece Of Home, Friend!!!

Things don't always translate well from one language to another. In fact the results can be both puzzling and hilarious.

The other day I was surfing the internet and found a website in Spanish. It was apparently a music site, for it mentions an old time rock act, T. Rex. For the fun of it, I decided to experiment with Google's translate feature and did so. If you can figure what in the name of Berlitz these words are intending to say, then "Mr., you're a better man I."

"I have a friend who says that he would like to be a woman, traveling in time to 1972 and brushing Marc Bolan. I do not get to both, which does not prevent me from recognizing the leader of T-Rex to a guy with real class, unique and unrepeatable.

"Electric warrior" is not only where the disc is "Get it on", on the other hand vast, incontestable and perfect cadence with his vicious elegant but that by itself would define the entire genre rock. In this record we also have the best of a type to which no one managed to imitate, nor his verses let alone his attitude. And what a piece of home, friend !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment